Introducing Pub Insurance To New Pub Owners

Owning a pub can be a very exciting journey to be on, the possibilities of services you can offer being the range of drinks you supply, to catering for food and providing entertainment. The possibility of creating the latest ‘place to be’ for your local community is a great one however with that, also comes areas of risks that you could face when working with the general public. We are here to help with offering our Pub Insurance policy here at Todd and Cue in order to protect yourself and your business from any potential issues… 

What Our Pub Insurance Entails:

Public Liability Insurance 

One of the key areas to make sure that you are protected from is Public Liability Insurance. It is obvious that in a pub environment, where alcohol is concerned, accidents can occur. For example, drinks can get spilt, glasses could get knocked and crack or shatter, slippery or uneven surfaces can be a risk, therefore ensuring that you are covered by our policy is always beneficial. Our Public Liability policy covers for any claims of bodily injury, physical injury, personal injury, advertising injury and property damage. The policies simply allow you to continue with your normal operations while dealing with claims of negligence or wrongdoing. Our Public Liability policies also provide cover for the cost of settling or defending claims. 

Contents And Building insurance 

If you are the owner of the land that your pub is located on, then Building Insurance is essential. In addition to ensuring that the contents of your building that you need to use daily are protected against risks such as fires, flooding and/or a break in. 

Many different features can affect your policy requirements, cover and price such as the location of where your pub is based can vary the amount of cover that you can get and the price point – for example if you are situated along a roadside it could potentially affect your policy as being more exposed to risk of an incident with traffic and/or people. 

Employers Liability Insurance

Whether your pub employs full time, part time or any subcontracted staff it is a legal requirement to have an Employer’s Liability Insurance policy in place in order to simply protect yourself as the employer and your business from claims against any injury at work and/or unfair dismissal. If you do not have any Employers Liability Insurance cover in place you can be fined up to £2,500 for every day that you do not have the appropriate cover. 

Tips For Increasing Your Pub Safety

Besides ensuring that you have the correct insurance policies in place, there are a couple of other things you can do to maximise your safety and give you peace of mind as a new pub owner. The first thing that will probably spring to your mind, of course, is CCTV. It is impossible to have eyes in the back of your head, therefore, having a secure CCTV system in place ensures that you can rely on any unusual activity being caught on camera. 

Another area that you could explore is Pubwatch

Pubwatch is a voluntary organisation set up to achieve a safe, secure and responsible social drinking environment in all licensed premises up and down the UK to help reduce alcohol-related crimes. 

 Contact Us

Are you a new pub owner and have any questions regarding our Pub Insurance policies? Please feel free to get in touch by giving us a call on 0191 482 0050 or emailing us at and a member of our team will be more than happy to assist with your enquiry. 

Contact Us

Todd & Cue has grown consistently over the years, primarily through client recommendation, to become one of the UK’s leading independent insurance brokers and risk managers. Total client focus, with excellence in all aspects of service coupled with our growing buying power ensures that you will receive competitive insurance premiums and a true value for money service resulting in a complete and cost effective package.

Contact Us