Why do I need Shop Insurance?
We offer shop insurance packages that can be specifically tailored to meet the needs of the retail industry, whether you’re a small retailer, a large independent shop or a franchise. Optional covers are available for any extra protection you may need, but the flexibility of our policies ensures you only pay for the covers you need.
What’s covered in the Shop Insurance policy?
- Cover tailored to your needs – a combination of standard and optional covers, so you only pay for what you need
- Business interruption cover – as standard, because we know that over 80% of businesses can go bankrupt after a serious fire
- Employers’ liability cover – £10 million protection to cover your legal obligations if you employ people
- Public liability cover – accidents happen. That’s why we give you £2 million protection, as standard
- Seasonal increases – we know certain times of the year are busier than others, so we’ll give you an automatic 25% increase in stock cover* at no extra cost
- Cover for your cash – cover of up to £5000 if something happens to your cash on your premises during business hours, and up to £1000 out of business hours
- Legal expenses – cover for contract disputes, employment disputes, data protection, and more
- Glass replacement cover – with a 24-hour glass replacement service, we can quickly fix windows, doors, or partitions
- Help when you need it most – free 24-hour emergency and legal helpline
- Expert claims management – we’ll negotiate with third parties on your behalf, so you can get on with business
Monthly payment option – you can choose to pay your annual premium by monthly Direct Debit to help you spread the cost
What can I add?
- Because we know you only want to pay for the cover you need, we offer a choice of optional extras that you can add to your shop insurance policy when you get a quote.
- Subsidence cover – if buildings are insured
- Theft by employees – cover of up to £5000
- Terrorism cover – protect your shop from terrorism risks