Last updated Jan, 11, 2017
- There are approximately 60,000 pubs in the UK.
- ‘The Red Lion’ is the most common pub name in the UK, followed closely by ‘The Crown’ and ‘Royal Oak’.
- The oldest pub is ‘The Old Ferryboat’ in Holywell show that alcohol was served there as early as 560.
- The pub with the longest name is ‘The Old Thirteenth Cheshire Astley Volunteer Rifleman Corps Inn” in Staybridge, Greater Manchester.
- The strongest beer is German, a 57% beer called Schorschbräu Schorschbock.
- The most expensive beer cost £500 for 330ml, produced by Brewdog. Only 12 were made, each bottle is made out of a stuffed animal dressed in an outfit.
- The most expensive pint in England cost £5.80, served at the Coach & Horses in Soho London.
Want to find out more about our Pub Insurance? More Details