Pub Insurance FAQs

Frequently Asked Pub Insurance Questions

What is Pub Insurance?

Pub insurance is essentially a specialist business insurance which is designed for licensed venues and tailored to the potential risks that publicans and licensees could face.

What type of venues can benefit from pub insurance?

  • Pubs and public houses
  • Gastro pubs (‘wet’ or ‘dry’)
  • Wine bars
  • Pubs and bars with late licences/entertainment
  • Late night venues
  • Nightclubs
  • Function and event venues
  • Any another type of licensed venue

What are the areas of insurance cover I need on my Pub Business?

  • Fire & Perils cover on the Building, Stocks, Fixtures & Fittings
  • Consequential Loss cover also is known as Business Interruption or Loss Profits
  •  Employers Liability
  •  Public & Product Liability

What do I have to insure under a licensed trade policy?

By law, you must have employers’ liability insurance assuming you have any staff working on the premises.

If you own a pub, what is it advisable to insure for?

It is important to have insurance for your assets, these could include:

  • Bar/kitchen equipment
  • Fixtures and fittings
  • Tenants improvements
  • And, of course, the buildings if required!
  • Insurance to protect the business profits from business interruption.
  • Insurance against third party liability, i.e. if you are legally liable to pay for an incident which results in an incident that results in loss or damage to a third party while on your premises.
  • Loss of pub licence.
  • Personal accident.
  • Your household contents, if you live at the premises.
Give us a call for a free quotation or professional advice on: 0191 482 0050